more about us.

7.12.2012

tis a gift


Happy National Simplicity Day.

First, an old Shaker hymn.

'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come 'round right.


I love hearing instrumental versions of this song. Check this one out:



I love The 5 Browns! They are all wonderful people and amazing musicians.

Today was not simple at all.

I got lost on the way to a job interview
Ended up being 20 minutes late to the interview
Thought they might just talk to me and send me home..
Nope.
I didn't realize that part of the interview included driving to another location to meet with someone else
I didn't even think there was any way I would get the job because I was so late and didn't do that great
But no
They sent me on.
Met with the other lady, still thought there was no job
Stopped on the way home because I was SO sweaty from my stress and running around
Way late getting back to work
Missed the call during a meeting.
Called back, they were gone.
No idea how the interview went.

What?

Yeah. Stupid. Super complicated. I hate job hunting.

When I got home we ordered pizza and watched America's Got Talent. No I'm going to bed.
Crazy day, simple night. :)

I wish I was in Priest Lake. That, my friends, would be simple.

Luv, Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave us a message after the beep...*beep*