more about us.

7.20.2012

baking fun

One thing I have learned this week:

I am pretty good at making food that tastes delicious. Not so much at making food that looks beautiful. No matter how hard I try, it's just not meant to be. Good thing I'm not one to really care about the look of the food, just the taste of it.

A few experiments this week:

#1


Breadsticks! Like the ones from The Pizza Factory! Thanks to Purple Chocolat Home for the recipe. Hers are beautiful. Mine are alright though. Baking is also a lot harder for me here in Dallas, probably because I'm so used to cooking in a dry climate at a high altitude. Apparently that makes a difference.

#2

Cake Balls.

These were a challenge. I don't know how people make the perfectly smooth ones but it was definitely not the greatest experience of my life. And I'll probably never make them again.

I made them for Paul. It is his birthday tomorrow so I wanted him to have something fun to take to work to celebrate today. So I attempted to make ones that looked like basketballs. Here are some of the pictures of my adventure:



The first ones that really didn't work very well.

I started dipping half at a time and it worked so much better.

Funfetti! There are chocolate ones too.

But look how cute!

I thought this was pretty adorable.
They aren't perfectly smooth and really not the prettiest,
but for Paul, they were fine.

And I still think they're cute.


I though they were cute but like I said, I'll never try to make cute ones ever again. Way too much effort!

Luv, Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Did you use white chocolate or candy melts? Candy melts work a lot better for dipping. I add a few tablespoons of shortening when I'm melting them, and that makes the chocolate thinner. It's easier to dip in thin melted chocolate and the end result is smoother.

    ReplyDelete

leave us a message after the beep...*beep*