more about us.

7.10.2012

i'll have a virgin Cuba Libre.

The Big Bang Theory is where I got the title for this post. Apparently a Cuba Libre is coke and rum, so a virgin Cuba Libre is rum and coke..without the rum. Because Sheldon doesn't drink alcohol. I think it's pretty funny, since it's applicable to us.

Happy Piña Colada Day!


This made for such a refreshing, delicious summer dinner. A nice, big salad with a pineapple flavored drink. Funny story behind it though. We drove down the street to Albertson's to get some veggies and the stuff for our lovely drinks. The bagger forgot to give us our tomato. So Paul drove back to the store, grabbed it (it was still sitting on the check out stand) and walked out. There was no one at that register and I guess a worker lady came running out after him but he was already in his car driving away. I wonder if they caught him on camera and are going to show up at our house.. Wouldn't that be fun? :)

For those of you who know us very well at all, you are aware that we don't drink alcohol. Obviously Piña Coladas typically have rum in them, but we found a virgin recipe and made it. It's basically ice, pineapple juice, and coconut milk. We tried to get all fancy and put sugar around the top of the cups. That was actually probably my favorite part. They turned out pretty tasty but it's definitely not my drink of choice.


Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day at work and determine how I continue my job hunt..stay tuned!

Luv, Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave us a message after the beep...*beep*