more about us.

7.11.2012

7/11

Hey y'all. It's 7/11.

First, Happy World Population Day!

World Population Day is an annual event, observed on July 11, which seeks to raise awareness of global population issues.  (Thanks, Wikipedia!)

Two days ago, the world population was estimated to have been 7,025,071,966. That's a lot of people! And to think, out of all of those billions of people, I was able to find my Paul. Awww..

I thought this was kinda funny..and true..


Today was Career Day at Southwest Airlines for the interns. We learned about interviewing and various jobs around Headquarters. Unfortunately, my jobs opportunities at Southwest are looking very slim. Which makes me very sad :( I LUV this company. Luv it. I love the culture, the people, the atmosphere, what I'm doing, and again, the people. I'm going to be so sad to leave it. If there is any way I can have a marketing job there in September, I would take it in a heartbeat.

Here was my outfit for Career Day. I am not a fan of this type of picture usually but got a lot of comments on the outfit so I thought I would share.

























And yes, I am standing on a chair in the bathroom. That's what you have to do when you're home alone without a full-length mirror!




I had a phone interview today and have an in-person tomorrow. I'm not sure it's exactly what I want to do, but I will find out more when I get there. I still can't start another job for about a month and a half so I'm not quite sure what will happen but I'm just going with it. Wish me luck and pray I find some fabulous job that I absolutely love..

After work today Paul and I went to Dave & Busters with some of his fellow interns. But it was a little farther away than he thought and he was only there for like 30 minutes before he left for an American Airlines Center tour. Funny funny. The food was yummy though so I was happy.

AND..

This made it so I was out and got to celebrate another holiday. Happy 7-Eleven Day!

Which to me means Happy Slurpee Day!

This is the day, July 7 or 7/11, where 7-Eleven's everywhere have free 7.11 oz slurpees from 11am to 7pm to celebrate their birthday (85th this year I believe..)

Slurpees make me think of my daddy. We used to go on Saturdays and get slurpees while getting his car washed or after soccer games. Such good times! And so delicious. Definitely one of my favorite traditions growing up. When we moved to Utah it mostly stopped, but it was great while it lasted.


What a perfect, refreshing summer treat. It's a good thing I don't drive by 7-Eleven's very often (or at least pay attention to what's on the side of the road while I'm driving) or I might stop more often to get them!

Have a wonderful 7th of July, everyone.


Luv, Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave us a message after the beep...*beep*