more about us.

6.17.2012

pals

Growing up, I was always very aware of the fact that everyone in my family had a nickname. Rachel was "Princess," Sarah was "Angel," McKay was "Captain," and Will was "Master." I never really had one of these that had a visual . . at least that's how I felt. Daddy always called me "pal," but he called everyone pal. I didn't feel like it was mine and to this day my siblings still make fun of me for getting upset about not having a nickname. So here's the story:

In "The Lion King" there is a scene where Simba is still a cub and he is having a tender teaching moment with his dad:

Young Simba: Dad? 
Mufasa: Hmm? 
Young Simba: We're pals, right? 
Mufasa: Right. 
Young Simba: And we'll always be together, right?


What I didn't realize at the time was that Pal was the best nickname I could have - and I will always be in the original. My dad and I always had our own version of this conversation between Simba and his dad. And to this day, we still often end conversations with "Pals, right? Forever." And while this also happens with other siblings, I still like to remind everyone that I will forever be the original Pal.


I framed this picture for my dad a couple Christmases ago.
It's in his office now :)


I am so grateful for my dad, especially on this Father's Day. It's been a rough year for all of us but we have gotten through it, much thanks to the strength and positive attitude of my dad.



He's helped me through so much. And definitely saved me more than once when it came down to crunch time with school assignments, papers, talks, assemblies, etc. 





He has always inspired me with the confidence to push forward and pursue my goals in life. He has been through so much and has made sure I never have any excuse to not push forward to the next challenge in life.



Thank you, daddy, for being there. For doing so much for all of us. For being willing to do whatever you needed to in order to put our family in a good place. I'm grateful for all you have accomplished, all you've helped us with, and all you've overcome. 




I love you, daddy. So very, very much. 


Happy Father's Day.

Pals, right? Forever!

Luv, Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave us a message after the beep...*beep*