more about us.

8.28.2012

not a fan.

Happy National Bow Tie Day!

In our second married ward at BYU there were a lot of guys who wore bow ties. I had never seen that many people wear that many bow ties in one place. And every week, I told Paul my opinion about it.



I'm not a fan.

We didn't have bow ties at our wedding and Paul isn't allowed to own one. I don't know what it is but I just think they look a little goofy and juvenile. I think there are some very nice, classy outfits where a bow tie is acceptable but for the most part, no. And if it's colored, I probably won't like it.

But that's just my opinion. And some guys can pull off the look. I'm not a hater, just not a fan.

Last year on the last Tuesday in August, I went through the Temple for the first time.
(Have a question about Temples? Click here.)

Honestly, my first experience going through the Temple was not a great one. And for a long time, I didn't want to go back. It wasn't the Temple itself by any means, just the situations surrounding the experience and the before/after. It took me a while to get back and really appreciate what I was doing and why. Today Paul and I went to the Temple and it was great looking back at this past year and how much we have grown and learned since that first experience. It has been a roller coaster, but so worth it.

I love my family and the blessings that the Temple brings - we get to be together forever and ever!


Now tell me, what can beat that? I dare you to come up with something.

Luv, Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave us a message after the beep...*beep*