more about us.

4.22.2012

Dreams.

Friday was a wonderful day.

Paul and I graduated from the Marriott School of Management. So happy.

Paul in Accounting. Me in Marketing.

Pictures to come.


For those of you who know me well, you know that I play the piano. I competed and spent long hours practicing from age 12-15. I studied with Desirae Brown and she was so patient and helped me so much in my piano goals. Up until I was 15 I thought I would major in something related to music and wanted to perform in front of thousands of people. It was on my bucket list, towards the top.

Unfortunately, I developed tendinitis when I was 15 and was forced to stop piano and let my arms heal. I figured that was it for me and the piano dream was out the window. I would never perform solo for more people than were at church on Sunday. I accepted it and enjoyed serving the smaller crowds. Business and marketing became my major and I have absolutely loved it.

A few months ago I was asked to perform at graduation on the piano. Ruth, who does an incredible job planning graduation, didn't know she was basically making my dreams come true. I had never thought about it but I was in a position now where I would be performing classical piano for thousands of people in the Marriott Center. It was hard. I could definitely feel the effects of not having played so much in a while and possibly the lasting effects of damage in my arms. I couldn't practice more than 20-30 minutes at a time. But felt so good to play again.

My performance was definitely not perfect, but I did my best. And it was a performance I could be proud of. I fulfilled a dream and checked something off of my bucket list that I never thought I would.

Thanks to everyone to helped me get to this point.

Enjoy.


We leave for Texas tomorrow. Goodbye Provo.

Stay tuned for more about our adventures.


Luv, Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. That was awesome Lindsay! I loved your mom saying "That's my daughter" at the beginning. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

leave us a message after the beep...*beep*