more about us.

10.05.2012

where's lindsay?...there she is!

I'm still alive! It has been a crazy month since I posted last.

About a month a go I got a phone call that was almost a joke but turned into reality. I hadn't been able to find a job in Dallas that I felt good about so I accepted this temporary position...in Utah. Yes, my friends. I am back in Utah. I actually have been for a month now. I am working on Mayor Mia Love's Congressional Campaign until the election (November 6).


I am a member of the branding and communications team. It has been a good space for me. I'm learning a whole heap.

It has been a crazy month with a crazy month ahead, but we have made some excellent progress and things are definitely looking up coming down the home stretch.

Things I have learned from the campaign:
  1. Politics are mean.
  2. The media never sleeps, meaning those who run the campaign shouldn't either.
  3. There are more rules in campaigning than anyone could ever count.
  4. I don't think I'll be working in politics for my career.
Just to name a few. Since being here I've been able to go to a Romney fundraising lunch, seen TV interviews, live debates, been in lots of meetings, written a LOT for and on behalf of people, etc. I can't get into too many specifics but it's a whole lot of awesome. 



It has been a great experience working on this campaign and I truly believe that the principles that Mia Love stands for are ones that can help heal and propel our country forward in the best way possible. Whatever your political affiliation, get involved and make sure you vote!

I hardly told anyone I was coming because people get funny ideas when you tell them you left your husband who is working in Texas to come work in Utah..but we are still madly in love, no worries. Paul has starting his full-time work at Ernst & Young and is doing great. I definitely have it easier than he does. I'm living with my family and he's all alone. :( (Dallas friends - thank you to those who have fed and entertained him while I've been gone! Keep up the good work :D)

It's been fun having my awesome sister as a roommate and seeing my siblings succeed in their activities. It's probably the last time I'll really have that opportunity. I love my family.

Especially proud of my brother on the American Fork Drum Line! They are amazing.




But..

I miss this guy :(



There are not too many things harder than being away from your husband..and being away for 2 months is basically torture. Good news? We are almost half way..

And I have my ticket purchased to come home November 8.



It is going to be a glorious day. And this separation will never be allowed to happen again.

Luv, Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear more about what life is like on the campaign trail!

    ReplyDelete

leave us a message after the beep...*beep*