more about us.

10.09.2012

absence makes the heart grow fonder..

WARNING: Sappy post about missing my husband. But with a few tips on being apart..


Guess what folks..


HALF WAY!

I can't believe I've been gone for a month..and while there is only a month left..there is still a month left.

There is no one harder to be away from than your husband. Marriage has a way of heightening any feelings of longing you may have had being away from a boyfriend or fiance. So much worse.

I would suggest that you avoid, at all costs, living in a different place than your spouse. Avoid it like the plague. It's rough, my friends. My aunt gave me the advice to never live in separate houses before I got married..how did I forget that?



Here are some things that have made the separation easier and some suggestions should you ever find yourself in this unfortunate situation:
  • Talk daily. Daily communication helps you stay sane.
  • Have goals. Paul and I decided that we would work out every day. Even if I get home at 11pm, I still work out. Every day. We check up on each other and see how we are progressing. He is my motivation to keep going and no matter how the day goes, I can always have accomplished something great. 
  • Have pictures of each other on your phone or by your bed to bring a smile to your face.
  • Keep your spiritual life moving. Read your scriptures, go to church, pray. Pray for your spouse. It helps you remember all of the wonderful things about your spouse that you get to come home to.
  • Spontaneous texts. Nothing brightens my day like a sweet, spontaneous text from Paul. 
  • Don't count the days. Looking at longer periods of time helps the time seem to go by faster. Think, "only 2 home BYU games!" instead of "I have to wake up 28 more times alone...goodness gracious.."
  • Stay busy. The less idle time you have to dwell on your sorrows, the worse off you'll be. Get involved in something (politics?) and get out of the house.
  • Remember that it is totally okay to miss them! Don't let yourself get miserable but it's okay to have a few sad moments. Eventually these turn in to happy moments and butterflies thinking about seeing them again. :D
Those are just a few things I've found helpful. 

I love this boy.


Luv, Lindsay

P.S. If you haven't registered to vote, TODAY IS THE LAST DAY.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Lindsay!! So I love this blog it's so wonderful. Because of that I nominated you for the Liebster award! Check out my blog for the deets!

    ReplyDelete

leave us a message after the beep...*beep*